Many of you have probably seen the rise of benefits in ingesting apple cider vinegar (ACV) on a daily basis, however, these benefits have been known and around for a very long time! There are 6 major benefits that have been studied and known to be true; however, there are multiple uses for Apple Cider Vinegar that you can find in this attached link.
1. Keeping blood sugar at bay!
Apple cider vinegar may also increase insulin sensitivity. Insulin is the hormone
responsible for transporting sugar from the blood to the tissues where it can be used as
fuel. Sustaining high levels of insulin can cause insulin resistance, which reduces its
effectiveness and leads to high blood sugar and diabetes.
2. Lowers Cholesterol
Apple cider vinegar has been shown to decrease LDL levels in animals while
increasing the beneficial HDL levels.
3. Enhances Weight Loss
Although not a cure-all, ACV has been proven to increase weight loss in humans
who consumed 2 tablespoons per day for 12 weeks. This lead to an average of 4-pound
loss without any modifications to lifestyle or diet.
4. Improves Skin Health
By applying ACV directly to the skin, over time the lactic acid is able to improve
skin texture, lightening, and pigmentation.
5. Lowers Blood Pressure
Acetic acid, a main component of vinegar, has been known to reduce blood
pressure in rats.
6. Relieves Acids Reflux Symptoms
This is a common one we use in the office in conjunction with the chiropractic
adjustments. Drinking ACV may prevent acid reflux symptoms by introducing more acid
into the digestive tract to prevent acid backflow.
Incorporating apple cider vinegar into your diet can be quite easy. If you can't stomach just drinking a tablespoon of ACV, try these different ideas to incorporate it into your meals or drinks.
- Salad Dressing (swap out your ranch or french)
- Smoothie (along with your fruit and spinach, add ACV to your smoothie, the other flavors will mask the ACV flavor)
- Meat marinade (combine ACV with honey, mustard, or other sauces for a great marinade)
- Queso Dip (mix in some ACV with melted cheeses for a great queso dip)
- Cucumber Salad (use ACV instead of regular vinegar)