Healthy, happy, well-adjusted employees are the biggest asset to a company.
Employee wellness programs are on the rise in many corporations and small businesses. Employers are putting an increased priority on employee satisfaction in order to reduce turnover, minimize medical expenses, and ensure employees have a healthy work/life balance. The month of June is dedicated to employee well-being and is a great time to focus on health and well-being in the workplace by offering and implementing more healthy choices and activities.
If your office has been talking about starting up a program there is no better time than now! A wellness program will not only benefit your employees but also your company. Here are some of the major benefits of an employee wellness program:
- Improve employee health habits
- Reduce health risks and chronic diseases
- Reduce health care costs
- Improve employee productivity
- Decrease absenteeism
- Improve employee recruitment and retention
- Increased employee morale
Employee wellness programs can be accomplished in many different ways and may take some time to find a program that is fitting for your employees and will have high levels of participation. The program can be directly run by an internal department or wellness committee or by a third-party company that will put together a customized wellness program for your business. Whether you currently have an employee wellness program or not here are a few simple ideas that you can implement right way:
- Create time and space for employees to take a mental break
- Offer on-site fitness classes
- Host a HEALTHY potluck lunch
- Put together a team for a local walk/run
- Offer individual on-site financial advisor sessions
- Organize volunteer days to give back to a local non-profit
- Share weekly health tips and recipes
- Offer on-site health and wellness exams
- Provide free onsite massage sessions
- Host lunchtime educational workshops
Whether your workplace is in the beginning phase or has an established wellness program, we would love to help enhance your program. The doctors here at the Project Wellness Company are members of the international Wellness Champions (www.wellnesschampions.org) and would love to help bring health to your workplace. Contact us today to learn more about our complimentary Lunch and Learns (we provide lunch!) and other workplace wellness workshops or visit our Corporate Wellness page. When done correctly, wellness programs give employees incentives, tools, social support, privacy, and strategies to adopt and maintain healthy behaviors.
Project Wellness Company, Madison WI